Saturday, January 1, 2011

Day 1 (Reflection)

So before i start i just want to take the opportunity to give thanks to God for the position that he has put me in and the fortune that he has given me to be able to play in this bowl game as well as for giving me the strength to just make it through everyday life because everyone knows that life gets hard sometimes. With that being said, im gonna try to get across some viewpoints in as few words as possible so that my blog doesn't get too wordy...

Let me start off by saying that so far, this has been the best bowl experience that ive had (national championship included). I predict that this bowl will be a BCS bowl in the next 5 years. It gets better and better every year and ike i said its the best experience that ive had so far. The hotel that we are staying in is amazing! The hospitality suite that the hotel has set up for us is amazing. Our bowl gifts (iPads, and DreBeats) are amazing. Everything here is wonderful and no one on the team has a single complaint to make about anything. I can tell that this bowl will be a lot of fun this year. The bowl event for tonight took place in The Dallas Cowboy's stadium and that stadium is breathtaking. I was in shock from the moment i stepped in the building until the moment i left. Josh (the left gaurd) calls it the death star because its so big lol. While we were walking around the stadium, my coach (Studrawa) asked my how many games i would play in the stadium and i responded "as many as God will let me". that question that he asked really gave me something to think about. Ive been so caught up with this game and preparing for it and i sometimes lose sight of the fact that this will be my last college game and their is life after college football. Fortunately for me, i will have an opportunity to join someone's NFL organization and continue football at the next level. I know it wont be easy and will take a lot of work, but i feel that i'll be able to make it happen, given the opportunity. But thats enough about me, back to the team...Texas A&M is a very good team with a lot of very good players and we are gonna need to continue to improve if we want to win this game. I really have a good feeling about this game and the preparation progress that we have made so far and with that being said I think that we'll be alright when the time comes, after all Proper preparation prevents poor performance...

But theres nothing major to talk about today, because it was pretty uneventful. We go back to practice tomorrow to continue preparing for the game and then im sure we'll have some type of bowl function that evening and im definitely looking forward to it. im kinda tired tonight so im bout to sign off and call it a night after i load a couple more apps onto the ipad. Goodnight America. Peace

1 comment: